Match of the Day show is hosted by Gary Linker, former Liverpool’s football legend. Watch Match Day has discovered a full show of Match of the Day, which contains an analysis and football highlights of this weekend’s Premier League fixture.
- Watch Match of the Day Full Show
- Where to Watch Match of the Day Online
- Which football teams can you watch in this week Match of the Day Show?
- Current standings of the Premier League teams before Match of the Day 17/10/20
- Match of the Day 17/10/20: Everton Vs Liverpool
- Kostas Tsimikas
- Joel Matip
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Naby Keita
- Alisson Becker
- Match of the Day 17/10/20: Watch Manchester City Vs Arsenal
- Kieran Tierney
- Pablo Mari
- Emile Smith Rowe
- Gabriel Martinelli
- Calum Chambers
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Match of the Day 17/10/20: Watch Chelsea Vs Southampton
- Billy Gilmour
- Edouard Mendy
- Hakim Ziyech
- Ben Chilwell
- Watch Team News: Chelsea Vs Southampton
- Match of the Day 17/10/20: Watch Newcastle Vs Manchester United
- Axel Tuanzebe
- Phil Jones
- Edinson Cavani
- Harry Maguire
- Anthony Martial
Watch Match of the Day Full Show
This video content is provided from a 3rd party server. Watch Match Day holds no responsibility.
The time length of the Match of the Day show will be 1 hour and 19 minutes.
Here is the list of the presenters, hosts and credits during the Match of the Day show:
- Gary Lineker – Presenter
- Ian Wright – Football Expert
- Rich Hughes – Editor
- Ian Finch – Producer
Where to Watch Match of the Day Online
A lot of football supporters around the world ask the same question about where to watch Match of the Day Online. The answer is quite simple. You can watch Match of the Day online at Watch Match Day. Furthermore our site acts a search engine to provide you the full show in HD of Match of the Day, which contains several highlights from every Premier League match during this weekend. Moreover, you can also follow the link to BBCOne Channel in order to watch Match of the Day Online with paid service:
BBC Match of the Day details can also be found on the official BBC website.
Which football teams can you watch in this week Match of the Day Show?
Barclays Premier League football elite clubs will feature in Match of the Day. Moreover, only a selected group of fixtures will feature on this week’s Match of the Day for you to watch since it will be too long to feature every football matches in one hour. Therefore, we have made the list of football fixtures that will be appearing on Match of the Day for you to watch online on this week’s episode 11/10/20.
Current standings of the Premier League teams before Match of the Day 17/10/20
As you can see from the Premier League table above, Everton is currently on the 1st position, while Liverpool is on the 5th having lost one match against Aston Villa last week. Moreover, Chelsea is on the 7th position, while Southampton is on the 11th position, although they had secured 2 consecutive victories. Furthermore, Manchester City is on the 14th position, while Arsenal is on the 4th as they have lost just only 1 match this season. Finally, Newcastle is on the 9th position, while Manchester United is only on the 16th position since they have won only 1 match and lost 2 matches in total this season.
Match of the Day 17/10/20: Everton Vs Liverpool
Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool will make a trip to Stanley Park trying to bounce back from a horrible defeat last week against Aston Villa. However, they come up against Everton, who is in a really fantastic form, being unbeaten so far. Therefore, the Merseyside derby will be fascinating to watch as the Premier League leaders Everton battling against the Champions Liverpool at Goodison Park.
Missing Players to watch: Everton Vs Liverpool
Kostas Tsimikas had thigh problem during the EFL Cup match
Joel Matip has been injured with a muscular issue.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has a knee injury for a while now.
Naby Keita was tested positive for coronavirus.
Liverpool’s number one goalkeeper Alisson Becker suffers from shoulder injury
Watch Team News: Everton Vs Liverpool Match of the Day
- Liverpool should be boosted by the returns of Thiago Alcantara and Sadio Mane for this match, with the star duo now back in training after recovering from coronavirus.
- Xherdan Shaqiri is also available after his initial diagnosis proved to be a false positive, but Naby Keita will play no part after a positive test of his own.
- Joel Matip should be back in contention too, while Kostas Tsimikas has been using the international break to recover from a thigh problem.
- Liverpool are not quite at full strength, though, and one of their absentees is a significant one with Alisson Becker still sidelined by the shoulder injury which ruled him out of the last two games before the break.
- Adrian is once again expected to deputise despite his mistake for the opener against Villa and speculation that Liverpool could either bring in a new back-up keeper or promote Caoimhin Kelleher to second choice.
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is Liverpool’s only other confirmed absentee as he continues to recover from a knee problem.
- Mohamed Salah will be looking to become the 17th different player to reach a century of goals for Liverpool, and the third-fastest behind Roger Hunt and Jack Parkinson, having raced to his 99 goals in just 158 games so far.
- Calvert-Lewin is the goalscoring pace-setter at the moment, though; he is the top scorer in Europe’s top five leagues with nine in six outings across all competitions – including two hat-tricks – and this weekend he could become the first player since Tommy Lawton in 1938-39 to score in each of Everton’s first five league games of a season.
- Yerry Mina suffered a thigh injury on international duty with Colombia and may miss out here.
- With Mason Holgate and Jarrad Branthwaite already sidelined, new signing Ben Godfrey may be thrown straight in for his Everton debut in this weekend’s Merseyside Derby.
- Carlo Ancelotti is also sweating on the fitness of Lucas Digne after the left-back picked up a knock for France on Wednesday, but is hopeful Seamus Coleman will recover in time from a hamstring injury picked up before the break.
- The Everton boss has also confirmed midfield duo Allan and Andre Gomes have recovered from their own injury problems and are available here.
- Deadline day signing from Roma, Robin Olsen is waiting for Jordan Pickford to produce another poor performance before replacing him in goal.
The team news can also be found from twitter:
Match Facts: Everton Vs Liverpool
- Everton have drawn 7 of their last 8 home matches against Liverpool in all competitions.
- Liverpool are undefeated in their last 22 matches against Everton in all competitions.
- Everton have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 6 home matches against Liverpool in all competitions.
- Liverpool have kept a clean sheet in their last 4 away matches against Everton in all competitions.
- Everton have been drawing at both half time and full time in 5 of their last 6 home matches against Liverpool in all competitions.
- Everton have won their last 4 matches (Premier League).
- Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in their last 6 matches (Premier League).
- Everton have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 home matches against Liverpool in all competitions.
- Everton have been winning at both half time and full time in their last 3 matches (Premier League).
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Liverpool’s last 7 games (Premier League).
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Everton’s last 3 home games (Premier League).
- Everton have scored at least 2 goals in their last 3 matches (Premier League).
- Everton have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 3 home matches (Premier League).
Probable match lineup on : Everton Vs Liverpool
Everton possible starting lineup
Pickford; Coleman, Keane, Mina, Digne; Gomes, Allan, Doucoure; Rodriguez, Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison
Liverpool possible starting lineup
Adrian; Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson; Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago; Salah, Firmino, Mane
Video Preview of Everton Vs Liverpool
Match of the Day 17/10/20: Watch Manchester City Vs Arsenal
Mikel Arteta is leading Arsenal to face Manchester City and former mentor Pep Guardiola at the Etihad Stadium. Manchester City is not in a good form, and is behind Arsenal five points at the moment. Therefore, these two football teams will need to fight and battle with their best strengths and try to gain victory.
Missing Players to watch: Manchester City Vs Arsenal
Kieran Tierney is currently isolating after coming into close contact with Scotland teammate Stuart Armstrong, who tested positive for coronavirus.
Pablo Mari is not too far away from recovering from the ankle injury.
Emile Smith Rowe picked up a shoulder problem.
Gabriel Martinelli has been on the sidelines since undergoing knee surgery.
Calum Chambers is still recovering from the serious knee injury.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was forced to pull out of the squad after picking up an ankle injury.
|Kevin De Bruyne||Out|
Watch Team News: Manchester City Vs Arsenal
- Man City will have to make do without star man and PFA Player of the Year Kevin De Bruyne, who trudged off during Belgium’s defeat to England at Wembley and subsequently withdrew from the squad for their final Nations League game against Iceland.
- Belgium boss Roberto Martinez played down the problem after the match, but Guardiola has now confirmed that the midfield maestro will miss “the next games”.
- Losing a player of such quality will always be a blow, but particularly given his record against Arsenal; the playmaker has been involved in seven goals in his last eight league starts against the Gunners and has scored more Premier League goals against them than he has versus any other side, three of his five coming last season.
- There may be better news on the injury front when it comes to Raheem Sterling, who withdrew from the England squad with a hamstring problem.
- That withdrawal was understood to be precautionary, though, and the forward, who has scored more goals than any other Premier League player in all competitions since the start of last season, could be in contention this weekend.
- Guardiola will certainly be hoping so, with Sterling an option to lead the line in the continued absence of Gabriel Jesus and Sergio Aguero, the latter of whom is nearing a return from his knee injury and may be included in the squad, but is unlikely to be ready to start a game just yet.
- Ilkay Gundogan is back available, though, while Oleksandr Zinchenko is also nearing a full recovery, so barring any further setbacks Guardiola could be back up to full strength in the near future.
- Deadline day signing Thomas Partey only trained with Arsenal for the first time on Thursday but supporters will be desperate to see the ex-Atletico Madrid midfielder get a full debut away to Manchester City.
- Arsenal have reportedly succeeded in cutting short Kieran Tierney’s period of self-isolation meaning he will be available to face City this weekend.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang pulled out of the Gabon squad with a minor ankle injury but is expected to be fit to face City.
The team news can also be found from twitter:
Match Facts: Manchester City Vs Arsenal
- Man City have scored at least 2 goals in their last 12 home matches (Premier League).
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Man City’s last 7 home games (Premier League).
- Man City have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 5 home matches against Arsenal in all competitions.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Arsenal’s last 5 games (Premier League).
- Man City have won their last 4 home matches against Arsenal in all competitions.
- Man City have scored at least 3 goals in their last 3 home matches against Arsenal in all competitions.
- Man City have been winning at both half time and full time in their last 3 home matches against Arsenal in all competitions.
Possible match lineup on : Manchester City Vs Arsenal
Manchester City possible starting lineup
Ederson; Walker, Dias, Laporte, Mendy; Foden, Rodri, Gundogan; Bernardo, Mahrez, Sterling
Arsenal possible starting lineup
Leno; Bellerin, Luiz, Gabriel, Tierney; Ceballos, Thomas, Saka; Willian, Lacazette, Aubameyang
Video Preview of Manchester City Vs Arsenal
Match of the Day 17/10/20: Watch Chelsea Vs Southampton
Missing Players to watch: Chelsea Vs Southampton
Billy Gilmour is continuing his recovery from knee surgery.
Edouard Mendy, the goalkeeper picked up a thigh problem.
Hakim Ziyech is yet to make his Chelsea debut due to a knee injury.
Watch Southampton’s missing players
Watch Team News: Chelsea Vs Southampton
- Chelsea will be without two of their summer signings for this match, with Lampard confirming that neither Mendy nor Thiago Silva will feature following their international exertions.
- Mendy picked up a thigh injury during his time away with Senegal, while Silva has been ruled out due to the amount of travelling he did while away with Brazil over the last two weeks.
- Ben Chilwell was forced to pull out of England’s squad, but Lampard has said that he is “available” in an added boost to his squad with a number of other players also returning.
- Christian Pulisic and Hakim Ziyech are both now available after missing the opening weeks of the season through injury, with the latter set to make his debut for the club.
- The duo’s return leaves Lampard with a selection dilemma up front as Timo Werner, Mason Mount, Kai Havertz and Callum Hudson-Odoi also push for the forward places.
- Tammy Abraham will hope to lead the line from the start again, but Olivier Giroud could be an option off the bench having netted seven times against Southampton before, the last four of which have all come as a sub.
- There are also decisions to be made elsewhere with Mateo Kovacic pushing for a return but Jorginho having scored three times already this season – just one short of his final tally for the whole of 2019-20.
- N’Golo Kante picked up an injury on international duty which saw him miss France’s win over Kovacic’s Croatia on Wednesday, though, and that could lend itself to a straight swap between the pair if Kante does not pass a late fitness test.
- Silva’s absence could lead to a first appearance of the season for Antonio Rudiger after he stayed at the club on deadline day, but Lampard may otherwise stick with the same defensive quartet that kept a clean sheet against Crystal Palace, meaning no start for England’s newest debutant Reece James.
- Southampton are not quite blessed with as many selection headaches, with Stuart Armstrong ruled out after testing positive for coronavirus.
- New signing Mohammed Salisu is yet to feature as he recovers from injury, and this match will also come too soon for the centre-back.
- There could be debuts for deadline day arrivals Theo Walcott and Ibrahima Diallo, with the prodigal son Walcott in line for his second debut for the club from the start due to the absence of Armstrong and the injured Moussa Djenepo.
The team news can also be found from twitter:
Match Facts: Chelsea Vs Southampton
- Chelsea have won 7 of their last 8 home matches (Premier League).
- Chelsea have kept a clean sheet in 5 of their last 7 home matches (Premier League).
- Chelsea have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 4 home matches against Southampton in all competitions.
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Southampton’s last 3 away games (Premier League).
- Chelsea have scored at least 2 goals in 5 of their last 6 matches (Premier League).
Possible match lineup on : Chelsea Vs Southampton
Chelsea possible starting lineup
Kepa; Azpilicueta, Christensen, Zouma, Chilwell; Jorginho, Kovacic; Mount, Havertz, Pulisic; Werner
Southampton possible starting lineup
McCarthy; Walker-Peters, Bednarek, Vestergaard, Bertrand; Walcott, Ward-Prowse, Romeu, Redmond; Ings, Adams
Video Preview of Chelsea Vs Southampton
Match of the Day 17/10/20: Watch Newcastle Vs Manchester United
Missing Players to watch: Newcastle Vs Manchester United
Axel Tuanzebe is now back training on the grass following a long-term foot injury.
Versatile defender Phil Jones has not featured for United since January due to a long-term knee problem.
Edinson Cavani, who joined United on transfer deadline day, will not be available to make his debut against the Magpies as he is currently in self-isolation after arriving from France.
Solskjaer said during Friday’s press conference that Harry Maguire picked up “a knock” before being sent off for England against Denmark on Wednesday.
MANCHESTER UNITED’S SUSPENSION LIST
Watch Newcastle’s missing players
Watch Team News: Newcastle Vs Manchester United
- Martin Dubravka isn’t too far away from a return but Karl Darlow has done a fine job in goal in his absence.
- Jamaal Lascelles, Jamal Lewis, DeAndre Yedlin and Allan Saint-Maximin have all been pictured training in the build up to this match suggesting they are all over their injury concerns.
- Paul Dummett, Matty Longstaff and Ciaran Clark have also returned to training but Steve Bruce has confirmed all three will play for Newcastle’s U23s on Monday to step up their return.
- Ryan Fraser and Miguel Almiron may have to settle for places on the bench against Manchester United.
- Wholesale changes should be on the cards after their 6-1 defeat at home to Tottenham but the international break may have saved the likes of David de Gea and Paul Pogba from the axe this weekend.
- Things went from bad to worse for Harry Maguire during the break after his red card for England on Wednesday night and he desperately needs a break. Having failed to sign a new centre-back, however, he’s unlikely to get one from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Despite carrying a knock, Maguire has travelled with the United squad.
- Anthony Martial starts a three-game domestic ban this weekend after his red card against Tottenham, while new signing Edinson Cavani is in self-isolation and must wait for his United debut.
- Mason Greenwood or Marcus Rashford will lead the line as a result with Odion Ighalo out of favour. Juan Mata deserves a league start following his performances in the Carabao Cup before the break.
- Alex Telles is also in the squad for Saturday despite being a late arrival from international duty with Brazil and looks set to make his United debut.
- The likes of Scott McTominay, Fred and Donny van de Beek deserve chances but may all have to settle for a place on the bench at St. James’ Park.
The team news can also be found from twitter:
Match Facts: Newcastle Vs Manchester United
- Man Utd have won their last 5 away matches (Premier League).
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Newcastle’s last 5 home games (Premier League).
- Man Utd have scored at least 2 goals in their last 5 away matches (Premier League).
- Newcastle have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 3 home matches against Man Utd in all competitions.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Man Utd’s last 3 games (Premier League).
- Man Utd have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 3 matches (Premier League).
Possible match lineup on : Newcastle Vs Manchester United
Newcastle United possible starting lineup
Darlow; Manquillo, Hayden, Lascelles, Fernandez, Lewis; Saint-Maximin, Shelvey, Hendrick, Joelinton; Wilson
Manchester United possible starting lineup
De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw; Pogba, McTominay; Greenwood, Fernandes, Rashford; Ighalo
Video Preview of Newcastle Vs Manchester United
We hope you enjoy every football match videos from Match of the Day this week. Honestly, we enjoyed them very much as these amazing Premier League fixtures are very competitive and exciting. If you want to look back to other Match of the Day videos, please check out the links below: